- Are you passionate about risk management & high technical standards?
- Can you communicate and implement compliance requirements?
- Have you worked in renewables or similar environments?
The Technical Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring all compliance within the technical departments are effectively and successfully communicated and managed. The role will include various tasks ranging from risk management, health, safety, environmental and quality compliance, local and international technical standards review and implementation, insurance management and technical compliance audits.
Compliance touches all areas in the technical department, which functions as a department for all teams. The goal is to ensure that all technical compliance requirements are communicated and implemented to ensure all our solar assets are designed, installed and operated according to the applicable standards and regulations. The incumbent needs to identify and mitigate all risks and provide the probability of issues and incidents minimised. Furthermore, the position would require continuous reviewing of industry changes to ensure improvement.
The position is based in Centurion, South Africa. Occasional overtime may be required to meet critical deadlines. The candidate should be willing to travel within South Africa and other African countries on an adhoc basis.
Position of the Job in the organisation:
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Technical Operations on all related matters.
- Lead, manage and assist the technical compliance team and external partners, specialists and consultants.
- Define, communicate and implement technical compliance requirements across the technical department.
- Implement legal/government technical regulations: Monitoring changes in laws across all countries for various types of products (PV, Biogas, Generators, Metering, Batteries etc.) and ensuring standards are updated and actioned.
- Implement H&S regulations: Monitoring changes in regulations in all countries and ensuring standards are updated and actioned.
- Technical Audits: actioning internal audits and managing external audits (Funders).
- Partner and sub-contractor technical compliance vetting to ensure they meet internal and industry standards or requirements.
- Manage the applications with regulating services in the relevant country.
- Technical Risk Management and reviews.
- Technical Insurance Management including but not limited to company vehicles, assets etc.
- Environmental, social and corporate governance compliance and reporting.
- Must have working experience in related industries such as Engineering, Construction, Renewables
- Bachelor's degree such as accounting, business or legal studies
- Two years experience as a Manager of staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulations and laws governing health, safety and environmental matters.
- Knowledge of industry standards throughout Africa
Advantageous Skills Include:
- Able to effectively multitask and meet strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Renewable industry experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Can take initiative
- Solutions focused
We hire, reward and recognise our team against these values. It is imperative you believe in these values and can demonstrate them consistently.
- We are passionate and proud of what we do.
- We communicate candidly, especially when it is difficult.
- We take initiative, share our mistakes and grow together.
- We are dependable and take accountability.
- No one person is bigger than the solution - no egos.
Negotiable. Our remuneration policies are in line with market CTC, and we offer a highly competitive incentive structure directly related to performance.